Monday 4 October 2010

Christopher Hewitt

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketThis is probably one of my favourite portfolio websites not only is the work amazing, but the website itself is something else. It belongs to self taught director and photographer Christopher Hewitt, and was design by digital agency Suprb.

I seem to generally have an attraction for type and copy based websites. I think it's a great way of getting across your tone of voice and work. But what works so well about Hewitt's is the way you can go from macro to micro, overview to detail so quickly. This was done with the javascript and the great use of drop down menus which quickly shows you his content. The use of javascript is something that I need to develop my own out of date website.

The work featured on his site is incredible too. My personal favourite is the short film Hecq: an 80's bravado pastiche shot so beautifully. It also features a incredibly talented and unique digital animation freelancer that I had the incredible experience of working with, who unfortunately was killed earlier this year while riding her bike in London. RIP Jayne Helliwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment